Monday, October 17, 2005

FROM THE PASTOR DESK

Next weekend we will begin our annual program that asks everyone to reflect on the amount that they give to Offertory. This review will ask several questions. They are:

1. Do I have a need to give or do I give only when there is a need?

2. Do I understand that there is and obligation to provide regular financial support to the parish.

3. Where does the parish fit relative to the other ways that I spend my money?

4. How much do I give to the parish on a weekly basis? (If you give monthly or quarterly, calculate your weekly commitment to put it in perspective.)

5. Is it too much, too little or just right?

6. If I am not at the parish for one or more Sundays, so I make up the amount that I have not given?

7. How much will I give each week during the coming year?

Thank to all of you who have supportive of the parish in the past year, You have made it so much easier for me as pastor to manage and maintain our parish programs and facilities. As I ask you to review your giving, I can assure you I do the same. As pastor and a priest of this parish I too see it my responsibility to financially support the parish by the regular use of my envdlopes. I urge every registered parishioner to do the same. I might add that I have increased my giving each year and have never once lacked for the money I need to take care of my needs and responsibilities as well as to assist in other charitable causes. God is good and has blessed me as he has promised. If you question whether or not God will bless you, try to give a little more than you have and see what happens. I'm convinced you will not be disappointed.


Fr. Dick Morse OSFS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

">Link

EWTN, Global Catholic Network

St. Anthony Shrine